The Race committee has been working hard to provide you with
interesting and challenging events. Last-minute details will be provided to all competitors at Shoreline Orthodontics
at check in.
1 - 5 PM Saturday, May 27, 2017
Shoreline Orthodontics 1530 Cliffe Ave, Suite 100
between the Coast Westerly Hotel and the Sand Volleyball courts on Cliffe avenue. Suite 100 is located on the lower level of the building.
Please note that entrants must be checked in between 1 p.m.
and 5 p.m. on Saturday, May 27, 2017.
THERE WILL BE NO DAY OF RACE ENTRY AND NUMBERS MAY BE LIMITED!
ALL ENTRANTS RECEIVE...
- A Race T-Shirt
- Food at the finish
- A chance to win a draw prize (you must be present at the
Awards Ceremony to win).
Due to the ever-increasing popularity
of this event it is strongly recommended that you enter early
to ensure a spot. You will not be guaranteed the receipt
of a T-Shirt after May 15, 2017
. There will be no day
of race entries and numbers may be limited. There will be no
Complete results will be posted on www.trik.ca as soon as possible after the event.
Rules and Regulations
- Wetsuits are not permitted. Swimmers will be seeded in heats
by their estimated swim time.
- Absolutely no drafting another bike or moving object at
any time. Each leg of the race is an individual endurance
event. Teamwork which provides you with an advantage over
another competitor is not allowed.
- Approved (A.N.S.I. or Snell) cycling helmets must be worn
in the cycle portion.
- Competitors are expected to heed the directions and instructions
of all race officials.
- Competitors are individually responsible for following traffic
laws and are solely responsible for the consequences of any
- It is the cyclist's or legal guardian's sole
responsibility to maintain their bikes in good working order.
- All swimmers must provide an estimated swim time on the registration form.
- All swimmers will be required to wear the colour- coded swim
cap provided at check-in.
- Team swimmer to get arm band at swim finish and give to
cyclist. It is the responsibility of the swimmer to get arm
band. Team runner will receive arm band from team cyclist
before starting running leg. At finish to hand in arm band.
Lost arm bands will result in disqualification.
- Course marshals have ultimate and final authority and will remove a participant from the race if the participant has violated the rules of the race.
- Medical personnel have the ultimate and final authority
to remove a participant from the race if he or she is physically
incapable of continuing the race without sustaining severe
physical damage, injury or loss of life.
- Good sportsman-like conduct is expected of all contestants.
- The Comox Tri-K Triathlon Society reserves the right to
make changes to the course or the rules if they deem necessary.
- Entrants may photocopy entry form. All parts must be filled
- If an athlete does not pick up his/her race package at registration,
he/she may not receive it. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS
- A complete set of rules and regulations will be available
at check-in on Saturday, May 27, 2017.
- Race age is determined as of December 31, 2017.